Android is known as the most popular mobile operating system in the world since this platform is not closed like Apple iOS, which allows developers to build thousands of apps every day.
As a result, there are plenty of different interesting apps on Google Play Store varying in categories such as healthcare, education, lifestyle, custom CRM apps and more other apps for wearable technology. We get used to using those apps on different mobile devices like smartphones, tablets, TVs, and watches. Those want to experience them on their PC, which has a larger screen and allows them to use a mouse instead of your fingertip gestures.
An Android emulator, BlueStacks, was developed to enhance your experience on PC. After the installation, you can directly download apps from Google Play Store in BlueStacks or download and install an app’s APK file if the app is not available on the Play Store.
This app is available on both Windows and MacOS. In this post, I’ll show you how to install Android Apps on Windows using BlueStacks (the latest version BlueStacks 4).
Installing BlueStacks on Windows
- Go to https://www.bluestacks.com/
- Click on the home page.
- Click to download the setup file. This may take 2-3 minutes to finish.
The process on Windows is straightforward, and it just requires a few clicks.
- Open the setup file to start installing BlueStacks on your Windows by double-clicking the setup file. An extraction process will start.
- After the extraction finished, the installer will launch. Click ‘Install Now’ to start the installation process.
- Wait in a few minutes for the automatic installation.
- The installation is finished. Next, it takes 2-3 minutes to start the Engine.
- A dialog appears asking you to choose the language. Click “Let’s go”.
- Like other Android devices, Google will ask you to sign in your Google account to get access to Google Play
- After you successfully sign in, now you can start installing Android apps on your PC. Click “Start using BlueStacks”.
Installing Android apps on Windows using BlueStacks
Using Google Play Store
- Click “My Apps” tab and choose “Google Play”.
- Type the app’s name into the search bar and press “Enter”.
- A number of apps will appear on the screen. Choose an app you want to install, then click the app’s icon to open its page. Click “Install”.
- Wait in a few minutes for the installation to finish. After this, you can open your app.
Using an APK file
- Download an APK file onto your computer. If you want to install an app from a third party which is not available on Google Play Store, you can also download its APK from the Internet and install it in BlueStacks. To download an APK, type the app’s name followed by “apk” (for example, “candy crush saga apk”), and download it from a safe website.
- Double-click the executable file and wait in a few minutes. When the installation is finished, a dialog appears in the right corner of your desktop to notice you.
- Open your android app.
Have you finished installed an Android app on Windows using BlueStacks 4? Hope this post is useful to you and help you get wonderful experience on your PC!